Fencing Contractors Association offers a range of benefits and services to members in the fencing industry, whether you are looking for individual membership or a place for your company to prosper and grow. Becoming a member means you are supporting the industry and helping lift the profile of fencing as a recognised profession.
Benefits of being a member include:
- Belonging to an Association of like-minded individuals
- WIRED magazine, four editions per year (valued over $50)
- Member only pack – branded cooler bag, hat, other merchandise
- Federated Farmers membership, retail discounts available, employment documents and legal advice
(valued over $400)
- Regional Fencing Association trade days
- ‘Fence-it’ Price Calculator
- Boundary Fencing Template & Terms of trade (valued over $150)
- Certified Fencing Contractor process to increase your qualifications
- Support from industry providers
- Annual Conference – subsidised by Fencing Contractors NZ
- Use of Fencing Contractors NZ logo – a great branding tools available for members
- Site Safe affiliation and 10% discount
- NZ Trucking Association and 16% discount on the annual fee
- Networking opportunities with members and partners
- Fencing Contractors NZ website directory, helping the public find contractors in their areas
- Special deals for Fencing Contractors NZ members from Partners
- Facebook page for easy communication with members
- Affiliated to NZYF, QEII Trust
- Peace of mind for your clients – independent industry body supporting complaints process.
Discounts and Preferential Rates
Members receive discounts on fencing products – these are often enough to offset the price of membership. Partners receive special offers and discounted advertising rates on our website, and in Wired magazine. Fencing Contractors NZ fosters close relationships with affiliated industry bodies such as Federated Farmers to give members all the benefits of being a member of Federated Farmer (worth $400), as well as group purchasing opportunities and fuel discounts. This great opportunity also enables our members to access employment and contract templates.
Advocacy and Advice
By representing all members of the fencing community as a collective we keep each of our member’s up-to-date on the latest issues that affect the way you do business. We provide members with free advice on regulatory, legislative and compliance issues.
Leadership and Governance
We provide ongoing support and business advice, including issues around costs and pricing, to ultimately increase net profit for our members.
Research and Information
We keep our members in touch with the latest fencing products, technical information, trends and developments – with access to best practice guidelines, templates and codes of practice. We also provide access to NZQA knowledge and learning opportunities, as well as providing employment and recruitment opportunities so that members can find great employees when required.
We host a variety of informative and networking events throughout the year, such as association days. Other events are available to members at preferential rates. Our annual conference and association days provide information on new fencing techniques, health & safety, product feedback, pricing and technical information. As well as networking opportunities to share information and help grow your business. We also have developed a fencing calculator and boundary fencing template these are available for our members to use in their businesses.
We provide regular updates on changes to the fencing industry, including regulatory and compliance changes. All members receive copies of the Wired magazine, the official quarterly publication of Fencing Contractors NZ and monthly e-newsletters. All Fencing Contractors are also listed on the Fencing Contractors NZ website.